Position: Marketing Intern
Date Posted: 11/28/2022
Classification: Paid Internship (January 16 – May 5)
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, The Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center on a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
The Marketing Intern will work alongside the Marketing Manager and Executive Director to create social media marketing, promotional assets, and mass communications resources. The internship provides real-world event promotion and communications experience giving the intern an opportunity to hone skills. This position provides space to work independently, as part of an intimate team, and with staff from other departments and focus areas. The internship is open to the general public and current enrollment is not required for consideration.
Anticipated Work Schedule
The internship term begins January 16 and ends May 5 (15 weeks) and will be allowed a maximum of 10 hours per week.
Core Job Duties
Social Media Marketing
- Produce and manage social media assets to ensure that content is engaging and in line with our brand goals
- Produce copy for social media posts and advertising
- Analyze social media promotions to create suggestions for modifications
- Work with the marketing team to promote Mission Creek Festival through social media, radio, print advertising, and building promotions
- Apply branding to artist assets
- Manage a social media calendar to create meaningful engagement with the festival audience
- Great communication skills
- An interest in learning an array of duties and responsibilities related to event promotion
- Basic social media experience
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to convey a message coherently and in an entertaining manner within the guidelines of a brand voice
- An interest in live music and performing arts
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert family.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 Professional References