Position: Concessions Lead
Date Posted: 07/23/2021
Pay Range: Part-Time @ $14/hour + Tips
Commitment: Average 15 hours/week for 48 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $10,080
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
As a member of the Front of House team, you will ensure that our patrons are given the best customer service when purchasing refreshments and snacks. You will assist the Patron Services Manager and House Managers in ensuring concessions areas are well stocked and efficiently cared for.
Indirect supervision is exercised over all Concessions staff.
Works closely with the Patron Services Manager and House Managers
Patron Services Manager
Core Job Duties
- Participates in hiring process alongside Patron Services Manager
- Organizes and leads training for Concessions staff
- Assists with feedback for annual reviews for Concessions Staff
- Supervision of Concessions Staff
- Clearly and diplomatically communicates with all departments (event-based)
- Make recommendations to management on better processes as identified during daily routine
- Inventory & stocking all products (beverages, cleaning supplies, hospitality water)
- Plan and organize beverage orders, products, POS entries
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of concessions areas & recycling areas
- On-the-job training of products, keg rotation, recycling, and station upkeep
- Computer literacy
- Outstanding experience and skills with customer service
- Experience with money handling
- Must be 18 or over
- Bartending experience
- Knowledge of styles and types of beer and wine
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 References