Position: Concessions Staff
Date Posted: 10/04/2021
Pay Range: Part-Time @ $12/hour + Tips
Commitment: Average 8 hours/week for 40 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $3,840
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
As a member of the Concessions staff, you will ensure that our patrons are given the best customer service when purchasing refreshments and snacks.
Works closely with the Patron Services Manager, Concessions Lead, and House Managers
Patron Services Manager
Core Job Duties
- Clearly and diplomatically communicates with all departments (event based)
- Make recommendations to management on better processes as identified during daily routine
- Prepare and display concessions and merchandise items for sale at theatre events
- Serve concessions items with a focus on excellent customer service
- Assist with hospitality set-up
- Maintain the kitchen and other concessions storage areas
- Take on additional duties as assigned by the House Manager
- Outstanding experience and skills with customer service
- Experience with money handling
- Must be 18 or over
- Bartending experience
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Current Resumé with 3 References