Position: Development Intern
Date Posted: 02/27/2020
Pay Range: Unpaid
Commitment: 05/18/2020 – 08/07/2020
Englert Development Interns experience hands on work in the small but mighty Development Office of the Englert Theatre. You’ll come away with an understanding of how data drives stewardship and fundraising and how expressing gratitude is the backbone of a strong contributed income plan. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to work in the field or get a better understanding of how nonprofits function. You’ll work under the guidance of seasoned development professionals after establishing a weekly schedule that fits with your goals and other priorities.
- Assisting at stewardship events
- Playbill ad sales
- Database projects
- Data entry and processing
- Helping to establish tracking and management systems
Things to Know
- This experience will provide real work experience in non-profit fundraising and development. It will allow for the intern to work independently, as part of an intimate team, and get an inside look at a large, multi-departmental team at a professional performing arts venue. It is an opportunity to be involved in a professional setting and get a foot in the door of Iowa City’s last historic performing arts venue.
- Interest in learning about the multifaceted and fast-paced world of fundraising and stewardship
- Superior people skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Great working attitude
- Comfort with working both independently and as part of a team.
- Punctuality and respect for deadlines.
- Flexibility in schedule during daytime.
- Experience with GSuite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, etc.)