Position: Hospitality and Events Management Intern
Date Posted: 01/14/2020
Pay Range: Unpaid
Commitment: January 27 – May 22 | 4-6 hours/week
The Englert Theatre is seeking two student interns to work alongside the Patron Services Manager for our spring season.
- Acquiring, transporting, and displaying artist hospitality items.
- Verifying needs as laid out by Artist’s contracts, riders and advancing communications.
- Assisting the Patron Services Manager, as needed, with inventory, house maintenance and other projects, based on the semester.
- Anticipating needs and implementing ideas with little direction.
- Troubleshoot issues during the performance day pre-show in tandem with the Patron Services Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Patron Services Manager.
Things to Know
- This experience will equip the intern with hospitality planning and execution skills as well as direct experience in artist and patron interaction. It will allow for the intern to work independently, as part of an intimate team, and get an inside look at how to lead a large, multi-departmental team at a professional performing arts venue. It is an opportunity to be involved in hospitality and event management in a professional setting and get a foot in the door of Iowa City’s last historic performing arts venue.
- Enrollment in any post-secondary educational institution or other community college.
- Superior people skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to take initiative.
- Must have a memory like a steel trap (or consistent note-taking habits).
- Keen eye for displays, flair for the sweet spot where tidy meets arty.
- Great working attitude, can leave life/school at the door and have fun while working hard.
- Comfort with working both independently and as part of a team.
- Punctuality and respect for deadlines.
- Flexibility in schedule during daytime.
- Fearless of early mornings, late nights, long hours, and physical activity.