Date Posted: 01/14/2020
Pay Range: $12.00/hour
Commitment: 13 hours/week (variable)
As a member of our janitorial staff, you will be tasked with caring for the last vaudeville-era theatre in Iowa City. Applicants should be available on nights and weekends to clean the theatre after events. This position offers autonomy so applicants should be self-motivators and have great problem-solving skills.
Our theater is historic and needs the attention of someone to care for it. If the smell of Murphy’s makes you smile, and you like physical work, this job might be the right fit for you.
- General cleaning of the theater, restrooms, and common areas. Expect to take on additional duties as assigned by the Patron Services Manager.
Things to Know
- The hours for this position vary greatly from show season to off-season.
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert family.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must be self-motivated and able to handle several tasks at one time.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Time management skills are required.
- Must be available year round.
- Must be able to work on your feet for 6+ hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs without strain.
- Availability on Mondays (and very infrequently on Sundays) is required.
- Evening and early morning shifts are required. Those hours are scheduled “as needed,” based on event schedule.