Position: Marketing Coordinator
Date Posted: 01/23/2024
Application Deadline: CLOSED
Classification: Part-Time @ $15.00/hr
Commitment: Average of 20 hours/week, 52 weeks annually
Thank you for your interest in this position. We are not currently accepting any more applicants at this time. Visit englert.org/employment for more open opportunities.
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, The Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
The Marketing Coordinator will support the marketing team in promoting The Englert’s events, programs, and overall brand. The role will involve a combination of social media marketing, email communications, and content production, with a primary focus on show promotion and integrating The Englert’s mission into strategy-based media campaigns.
This position provides space to work independently, as part of an intimate team, and with staff from other departments and focus areas.
Anticipated Work Schedule
The position will require an average of 20 hours per week, with work hours falling primarily between 9am and 5pm on Mondays through Fridays, with some availability required on evenings for performances. At least 50% of work will be required on-site during those hours, but the position offers flexibility with some hybrid/remote work allowed.
Marketing Manager, with oversight from Senior Marketing Manager
Core Job Duties
Social Media Marketing (~10 hrs/wk)
- Deploy a consistent calendar of content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & TikTok
- Manage social media calendar to align with event-specific marketing plans and The Englert’s overall communication calendar
- Write copy for social media posts and advertising
Execute digital ad campaigns on Meta and other related platforms
- Manage engagement on social platforms like comments, mentions, tags, reposts, etc.
- Contribute creative ideas for native content and storytelling on social media
Email Communications (~2 hrs/wk)
- Draft weekly email campaigns for Englert newsletters and show announcements
Content Production (~8 hrs/wk)
- Capture and produce photo/video content at Englert events for mass communications
- Edit photo and video content for event-related promotion
Produce materials for show announcements and community engagement efforts
- Edit graphic design assets on Adobe Creative Suite
- Design print materials like posters, handbills, and building signage
- At least 18 years of age
- At least one year of experience in professional social media management, with proven results in audience growth and retention
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Demonstrated knowledge of event photo/videography, short-form editing, and web content writing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Workspace, Meta advertising, and project management tools
- Ability to meet emergent deadlines and work autonomously
- An interest in live music and performing arts
The Performing Arts Industry
Our organization’s schedule follows the touring industry, with busy seasons in October-December and February-May. This position is subject to some non-traditional work hours, like capturing events in the evening.
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t think you meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join our team.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 References
- Samples of Work (please submit a pdf document with a minimum of 3 samples of relevant social media work, writing, graphic design, photo/videography, etc.)