Position: Marketing Manager
Date Posted: 09/14/2021
Pay Range: Full-time, exempt
Expected Annual Pay: Starting $35,000 commensurate with experience
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
As the Marketing Manager, you’ll manage all aspects of event promotions, working closely with agents, and the Box Office.
Works closely with Marketing Director, Senior Operations Manager, and agents
Core Job Duties
- Coorinates with Agents/Artists to ensure successful event announcements
- Ticketing/Event Creation/Asset Management/Website Management
- Social Media Promotions
- Preparation of Print Materials (posters,playbills, building signage)
- Clearly and diplomatically communicates with all departments (event-based)
- Review of basic analytics data to educate decision making
- Organization of marketing data and assets
- Ongoing review and improvement of marketing workflows
- Strong emotional intelligence with a strong preference for working independently
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on timeliness
- Strong writing skills with the ability to interpret and replicate brand tone when writing copy
- Ability to make decisions and manage a budget
- Basic design skills via Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with project management tools
- Experience with Google Workspace, Social Media, and Facebook Advertising
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 References