Position: Marketing Intern
Date Posted: 10/3/23
Applications Due: By 11:59 PM CT on 10/20/23
Classification: Paid Internship (approx. November 1 – April 30)
Compensation: $11.56/hour (approx. 15 hours/week)
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, IA. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, The Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center on a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
The Marketing Intern will work alongside the Senior Marketing Manager and Marketing Manager to hone their skills in real-world event promotion. Along with receiving hands-on training in arts marketing, the intern will complete tasks and projects primarily focused on promoting Mission Creek Festival 2024.
This position provides space to work independently, as part of an intimate team, and with staff from other departments and focus areas. The internship is open to the general public, and current enrollment to a school or a college degree is not required for consideration.
Anticipated Work Schedule
The internship term will start around the beginning of November 2023 and run through April 2024. The intern will be allowed an average of 15 hours per week, with work hours primarily between 9-5 on M-F.
Senior Marketing Manager
Core Job Duties
Social Media Marketing
- Produce and manage digital assets that are engaging and in line with our brand goals
- Write copy and design assets for social media posts and advertising
- Review social media analytics to create suggestions for improvement
- Work with the marketing team to promote Mission Creek Festival 2024 through social media, radio, print advertising, and community engagement
- Manage and deploy a social media calendar to drive ticket sales and meaningfully convey the heart of the festival
- Capture live on-site coverage of Mission Creek on festival days
- At least 18 years of age
- Great written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and meet deadlines efficiently
- An interest in learning an array of duties and responsibilities related to event promotion
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Ability to convey a message coherently and in an entertaining manner within the guidelines of a brand voice
- An interest in live music and performing arts
- Past experience in event photography/videography, short-form editing, entertainment writing, and/or sales is also a huge plus!
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert team.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 Professional References