Position: Patron Services Manager
Date Posted: 11/28/2022
Pay Range: Salaried, commensurate with experience
Commitment: Full-Time, Exempt
Expected Annual Pay: $35,000 – $40,000
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center on a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
As a key member of our Front of House team, you will help ensure the safety and comfort of patrons attending events at The Englert Theatre. With a focus on equanimity and professionalism, you will manage artists/ tours/ staff from load-in to load-out.
- Opportunity to join group medical plan with 50% premium subsidy
- Opportunity to join group dental plan with 100% premium subsidy
- Opportunity to join investment retirement plan (SIMPLE IRA) with 3% match of annual gross income
Direct supervision is exercised over all House Managers, the Concessions Lead & staff, the Security Lead & staff, the janitorial staff, and Hospitality Interns
Works closely with the Operations Director, House Managers, and all Front of House Staff
Core Job Duties
- Participates in Front of House hiring process alongside Operations Director
- Organizes and leads training for all House Managers and Front of House Staff
- Schedules Front of House staff for all event shifts
- Leads the Janitorial team: hiring, training, supervision, feedback
- Assists with feedback for annual reviews for House Managers and Front of House Staff
- Makes recommendations to directors on better processes as identified during daily routine
- Works full-day events: leads a team of 20-30 part-time staff + volunteers; relationship management of artists/tours from load-in, hospitality, settlement, through load out
- Exemplary customer service for patrons, volunteers, community members, band members, paid staff.
Direct management of concessions, security, and volunteers. Indirect management of Box Office Staff
- Full working knowledge to settle: hospitality receipts + budget, merchandise, the full show settlement, all cash boxes and show profits for 3 concessions stations
- Manages and executes payroll for all Front of House staff
- Has access to main cash safe & manages cash for Front of House usage
- Tracks volunteer hours & contract data, organizes volunteer appreciation events
- Works on planning for continued growth in sales, service, and offerings for concessions
- Manages & distributes ticket donation requests
- Manages LIFT program to provide complimentary tickets to non-profit organizations
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to efficiently manage large amounts of information
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a high degree of comfort dealing with the public
- Exemplary cash management skills
- Must be 18 or over
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Google Workspace (email, drive, documents, surveys)
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert family.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 References