Position: Production Technician
Date Posted: 08/22/2022
Pay Range: Part-Time @ $17.60/hour
Commitment: Average 20 hours/week for 48 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $16,900
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center on a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
As an Englert Production Technician, you will ensure each touring crew, artist, and rental client have the best possible experience while in our space by providing highly professional production services and a friendly, welcoming environment.
Indirect supervision is exercised over Stagehands
Works closely with the Senior Production Manager, Production Manager, and all production staff
Core Job Duties
- Running audio, lights, deck, or fly rail for Englert presents and rental events
- Assisting with load-in and load-out for all events: Unpacking and repacking road cases, assisting with light focus, running cables, setting up mics, operating the fly system, set hanging, etc
- Help maintain all technical systems and equipment
- Provide excellent customer service to touring groups and rental clients
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of venue safety protocol
- Potential supervision of stagehands
- 1-2 Years of experience running audio or lighting for live performances
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Good availability during touring season
- More than 2 years experience running audio or lighting for live events
- Lighting design experience
- Knowledge of theater fly systems
The Performing Arts Industry
You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons: September to December & February to May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Hours are scheduled as needed based on the show/event schedule. Shifts typically range from 3 to 8 hours but can be up to 15 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert family.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 References