Position: Security Staff
Date Posted: 07/23/2021
Pay Range: Part-Time @ $13/hour
Commitment: Average 7 hours/week for 40 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $3,640
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
As a member of Security staff, you’ll care for the safety of our patrons, staff, artists, and our historic theater.
Works closely with the Patron Services Manager, Security Lead, and House Managers
Patron Services Manager
Core Job Duties
- Clearly and diplomatically communicates with all departments (event-based)
- Make recommendations to management on better processes as identified during daily routine
- Ensures the safety of the artists, staff, and patrons
- Ensures the safety of the equipment in the building and the building itself
- Patrols buildings and perimeters
- Escort and/or supervision of talent, personnel, or materials
- As needed, inspection of bags/coats/IDs of visitors to the property
- Additional duties as assigned by the Patron Services Manager and/or the House Manager
- Strong emotional intelligence with a strong preference for working independently
- Must be able to be on your feet and walking stairs for at least 5 hours at a time
- Must be 18 or over
- Experience working security in a performance venue
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Current Resumé with 3 References