Position: Senior Marketing Manager
Date Posted: 07/16/2022
Classification: Full-time, exempt
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center on a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
The Senior Marketing Manager is a Senior Manager-level team member and the leader of brand and communications strategy for The Englert Theatre. The Senior Marketing Manager works closely with the Executive Director to execute the mission and vision of the Englert, creating a balance of clear and engaging content that broadens our audience, communicates the impact of our work, and promotes our programming.
Works closely with the Executive Director, other senior team members, and staff from the marketing, front-of-house, and production departments
Core Job Duties
- Tracks and reports all marketing metrics back to senior management
- Continuously seeks and implements new and improved methods of marketing and communication
- Develops and communicates the organization’s overall branding strategy and priorities in print, online, via social media, and through earned coverage.
- Owns all mass communications with the public including press releases, events promotions, signage, email marketing, etc.
- Convert ticket buyers into donors
- Enable touch points throughout the donor lifecycle
- Work with the Development Director to manage donor communications and appeals
- Owns the branding for all programs (educational series, festivals, development efforts)
- Print resources: Annual report, Stages Magazine, Corporate Assets
- Website Administration (Englert, Mission Creek, Witching Hour) in tandem with contract web developer.
Manages day-to-day marketing efforts
- Events Promotion
- Budget management
- Audience Management and Segmentation
- Graphic Design
- Works well on their own
- Works well with other people
- Positive, diplomatic, and honest
- Thoughtful communication skills, both written and oral
- 5+ years experience in brand development, communications and marketing
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Expertise in developing and executing social media strategy
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud to produce graphics, publications, and other collateral
- Highly skilled at conceptualizing and designing print and digital materials
- Advanced data interpretation and management skills
- Experience with basic website architecture and coding
- Vigilant on email and follow-up
- Preferred experience in arts field, especially concert promotion
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert family.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resumé with 3 Professional References