Date Posted: 10/04/2021
Pay Range: Part-Time @ $13/hour
Commitment: Average 10 hours/week for 24 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $3,120
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
You will work closely with Production staff to create a professional, safe, and efficient atmosphere for artists and their crew at the Englert Theatre.
Works closely with all Production Staff
Production Facilities Associate
Core Job Duties
- Assist with load-in and out
- Unpacking and repacking road cases, assisting with light focus, running cables, setting up mics, operating the fly system, set hanging, etc
- Provide exceptional customer service to renters and touring groups
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Adequate availability during touring season
- Experience as a stagehand for live performances
- Experience with audio and/or light board operation
- Knowledge of theater fly systems
The Performing Arts Industry
Our schedule follows the touring industry. You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons; October – December, and February – May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Some hours are scheduled “as needed” based on the show/event schedule. Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length.
A Note Regarding Experience
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Current Resumé with 3 References