Date Posted: 08/22/2022
Pay Range: Part-Time starting @ $13.52/hour
Commitment: Average 10 hours/week for 24 weeks annually
Expected Annual Pay: $3,245
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center on a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
As an Englert stagehand, you will ensure each touring crew, artist, and rental client have the best possible experience while in our space by providing highly professional production assistance and a friendly, welcoming environment.
Works closely with all Production Staff
Core Job Duties
- Assist with load-in and out
- Unpacking and repacking road cases, assisting with light focus, running cables, setting up mics, operating the fly system, set hanging, etc
- Provide exceptional customer service to renters and touring groups
- Help maintain all technical systems and equipment
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of venue safety protocol
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Adequate availability during touring season
- Must be 18 or over
- Flexibility while at event calls
- Experience as a stagehand for live performances
- Experience with audio and/or light board operation
- Knowledge of theater fly systems
The Performing Arts Industry
You can expect the bulk of your hours to come during touring seasons: September to December, February to May. This position is subject to non-traditional work hours. Hours are scheduled as needed based on the show/event schedule.
A Note Regarding Experience
Excited about this job, but don’t meet all of the requirements? Studies have shown that members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At The Englert, we want to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate to join the Englert family.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Current Resumé with 3 References