Position: Community Engagement Coordinator
Date Posted: 10/15/2023
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Pay Range: $36,500
Note: This position will work 50% as a House Manager. To learn more about that position, click here.
The Englert Theatre is a performing arts organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. Housed in a historic theater (est. 1912) in the heart of downtown, the Englert serves as a key community activator. Our values and programmatic practices center a wide range of voices and perspectives, honor historic preservation, and demand ongoing self-analysis and evolution toward a more inclusive community.
To inspire and activate positive community growth through the arts
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for building and nurturing connections within the community with a specific focus on other nonprofit organizations, area youth, and marginalized populations. The Community Engagement Coordinator will play a crucial role in ensuring that audiences with limited resources have access to meaningful performing arts experiences while working towards creating an inclusive and welcoming home for everyone in our community.
Works closely with the Executive Director, Senior Production Manager, and Programming Department
Senior Programming Manager
Core Job Duties
Collaboration & Partnerships
- Identify and establish partnerships with local nonprofit organizations, schools, community groups, and social service agencies to expand the reach of the organization’s programs.
- Work closely with partner organizations to develop joint initiatives that promote access to the performing arts and reach new and underserved communities.
Outreach & Engagement
- Develop and execute outreach strategies to connect with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Attend community events to raise awareness about the organization’s mission and programs. These may include tabling, roundtable discussions, and presentations.
Access & Inclusivity
- Advocate for accessibility in the performing arts by developing and implementing strategies to accommodate various audience needs, such as affordability, physical accessibility, and inclusive programming.
- Collaborate with the organization’s leadership to continuously assess and improve inclusivity efforts and assess DEI goals and metrics.
- Assist in the development and implementation of community-focused programs and initiatives, ensuring they align with the organization’s mission and values.
- Build diverse audiences for existing programs through thoughtful and intentional outreach strategies.
- Collect and analyze feedback and data to inform program improvement.
- Foster a sense of belonging by creating a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for all members of the community.
- Must be 18 or over
- Knowledge of the performing arts industry
- A strong background in DEI efforts
- Experience working with youth
- A commitment to expanding access to marginalized populations
- Experience in expanding audiences
If this posting looks like your dream job and you don’t have experience in this exact line of work, but you do have an outstanding record of performance with the skills listed in adjacent or applicable fields, we welcome your submission.
Application Materials Required
Ready to apply? Gather the necessary resources and click the link below to apply.
- Current Resumé with 3 References